Updated: Jan 25
1. Arabic language and the literatures associated with it date back hundreds and hundreds of years. With knowledge of Modern Standard Arabic, you have a window into the worldview of a very ancient and still thriving civilization; not true for most other world languages and cultures.
2. Arabic and its many dialects are the spoken, written and digital media of communication for at least 320 million native speakers spread over the Arabian Peninsula, Egypt, the Levant, and the countries of North Africa. According to most accounts, it is the fifth most spoken language of the world. Imagine being able to communicate with so many people, and to understand what moves them, what shakes them, what makes them laugh, and what makes them tick.
3. Arabic is the language of the Koran. As such, it is venerated and used as the language of prayer by over a billion and a half Muslims worldwide. Learning it opens a window into the lives, expectations, and behaviors of many of the people you will encounter as neighbors, friends, partners, associates, or perhaps even enemies.
4. The Arabs have an extended history of trading across the four corners of the earth. Learn their language, and you will get into their hearts; suddenly, business becomes easy and sweet. There is no better compliment you can make to anyone on earth than to develop a smattering in their language, or better still, to be fluent in it.
5. Employment-wise, Arabic is a big, big winner for lots of reasons. In this day and age, when you add Arabic to your repertoire, you make yourself a lot more marketable than when you learn Italian, Dutch or some other language with a relatively minuscule linguistic community. There is no lack of jobs for "Arabic-enabled" people in the fields of teaching, tourism, translation and interpretation, foreign service, business, intelligence, media, and whatnot.
Join the community of Arabic learners, and exponentially expand your horizons! Dr. Ali H. Raddaoui, Owner and Founder of https://idiomoptima.com