You have just finished writing your text, and it is time to subject it to editing/proofreading. You want to ensure your text ticks all boxes when it is presented to your supervisory committee. Or you may have just written an article, an opinion piece, or chapter that will have to land on the desk of the editorial board of a magazine, a scientific journal, or a book. You know how important it is that your text does not raise anyone’s eyebrows for any reason.
At IdiomOptima, we help you submit work that is free from linguistic, stylistic, formatting, and documentation errors. How does our proofreading/editing process work?
1. We review the text sentence by sentence, correct punctuation errors, spelling, word choice, and sentence structure. We make sure that the right transitions between sentences are used.
2. We review each paragraph and check that the sequence of sentences makes good sense. If necessary, we re-arrange the sentences to support the paragraph’s main idea, explain it, expand it, or otherwise, properly illustrate it.
3. We review the entire text and ensure its headings, subheadings, and paragraphs follow the proper sequence. We work on improving readability and refining style and diction, so the text is as close as possible to a text native to the language in which it is written.
4. We review the summary to ascertain it reflects the central meanings of the text.
5. Using plagiarism detection software, we identify plagiarized sentences or paragraphs. Where necessary, we rephrase them and link them back to their proper references in-text, on the footnotes, or in the bibliography.
6. We make sure the table of contents, indexes, headings, subheadings, and appendices follow proper formatting, so Microsoft Word automatically generates them.
7. After we receive your original text, we take a random sample of one or two pages. We make the necessary modifications to it using Microsoft Track Changes. These changes automatically appear in red, so you know where each modification is made, and you can determine whether or to accept it. You incur no charge because of receiving this sample. We also send you a clean version of the sample to compare your original text against the text with our modifications.
Along with the free sample edit, we send you a free, no-obligation quote. If you are happy with the sample and the quote, notify us of your acceptance, and we will swiftly proceed to correct the full text.